Dr. Alejandro Ruiz Argüelles
Physician / Immunologist expert in Luxury F Cytometry
(September 25, 1959 - July 25, 2019)
• Surgeon from the Aútonoma University of San Luis Potosí, Mexico (1976).
• National Institute of Nutrition Salvador Zubirán, Mexico City (1976-1980).
• Mayo Clinic Rochester, USA (1980-1982).
• Pioneer that standardized leukemia immunophenotyping in Mexico (1993).
• He trained more than 200 cytometrists and researchers from all over Latin America vice-president of the scientific division, ifcc.
• Chairman of the division of the standardization committee, clinical cytometryc.
• Member of the scientific committee isac).
• Organizer of the 1st and 2nd Latin American Consensus Conferences for Leukemia Immunotyping (1997, 2005).
• First national consensus meeting for immunophenotyping of acute leukemias (2019).
• General Director and Head of the Immunology Department of Clinical Laboratories of Puebla Clínica Ruíz.
• National Academy of Medicine.
• Mexican Academy of Sciences.
• Mexican Society of Immunology.
• American Association for Clinical Chemistry.
• Mexican Association for the Study of Hematology.
• International Federation of Clinical Chemistry.
• Malignant Hematitis.
• DNA analysis.
• Intracellular Cytokines • Enriching Conversations.
• The good food.
• 77 articles in scientific journals.
• 13 letters to the editor.
• 50 book chapters.
• 3 books.
First article you published
• Antibody to nuclear ribonucleoprotein penetrates live human mononuclear cells through fc receptors.
• Alarcon Segovia, Ruiz Arguelles. , Fishbein.
• Nature (1978).
First cytometer you used
• Fc200 cytofluorograph from ortho diagnostics (1979).
Ride a motorcycle, paint.
Did you meet Alejandro Ruiz Argüelles? Do you want to collaborate on this cloud of ideas? Enter this link and participate.
We invite you to leave a message in memory of our dear teacher and friend.